The following waters in the Willamette Zone are regularly stocked with hatchery rainbow trout and make great fishing destinations.
For your information, we’ve also listed a few waters that have been planted with trout in the recent past but are not currently being stocked.
To help you narrow your search, click the county where you plan to fish and find waters there that are regularly stocked with trout. We also have in-depth articles about some waters linked under the counties where they are located.
Where to catch stocked trout in Oregon’s Willamette Valley:
- Canby Pond
- Estacada Lake
- Faraday Lake
- Harriet Lake
- North Fork Reservoir
- Small Fry Lake
- Timothy Lake
- Trillium Lake
Notes: Waters in western Lane County near Florence are in the Northwest Zone. Several stocked lakes and reservoirs in the upper McKenzie River watershed are in Linn County.
- Alton Baker Canoe Canal
- Blue River
- Cottage Grove Reservoir
- Dexter Reservoir
- Dorena Reservoir
- Fall Creek and Fall Creek Reservoir
- Hills Creek Reservoir
- Junction City Pond
- Leaburg Lake
- McKenzie River
- Row River Nature Park (Cottage Grove Pond)
- Salmon Creek
- Willamette River, Coast Fork (including Row River)
Note: Includes waters in the upper McKenzie River drainage
- Carmen Reservoir
- Clear Lake
- Detroit Lake (shared with Marion County)
- Foster Reservoir
- Green Peter Reservoir
- Quartzville Creek
- North Fork Santiam River (shared with Marion County)
- Waverly, Freeway and Timber-Linn Lakes
- Breitenbush River
- Detroit Lake (shared with Linn County)
- North Fork Santiam River (shared with Linn County)
- St. Louis Ponds
- Silver Creek Reservoir
- Walter Wirth Lake and Walling Pond
More Trout Fishing Information
For a good look at the best fishing methods, read our Trout Fishing: Basic Techniques and Tips.
For a lot more trout fishing information, start at our Oregon Trout Fishing page.
For a map of fishing in all 36 Oregon counties, click here.