Best Fishing in Oregon
Best Warmwater Fishing in Oregon:
Freshwater bass, crappie and catfish hot spots
Photo courtesy of Mah-Hah Outfitters
Oregon might seem like the land of trout and salmon, but its wide variety of climates and water types also give it some prime habitat for the non-native species of warmwater fish that are well-established here.
The most popular species for warmwater anglers are largemouth and smallmouth bass, crappie and catfish. Bluegill and other sunfish, yellow perch and several other panfish also are plentiful.
The following links will take you to more information about Oregon’s favorite warmwater fisheries:
- Hagg Lake Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass Fishing
- Umpqua River Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Spring Tactics
- Umpqua River Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Summer Tactics
- John Day River Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Spring Tactics
- John Day River Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Summer Tactics
Best Catfish Fishing in Oregon (Channels, Bullheads and More)
For month-by-month ideas of when and where bass, crappie and other types of fishing are best, see our Oregon Fishing Calendar.
For current regulations, consult the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s annual regulations booklet or website.